St. George’s British International School
We teach curious and reflective thinking, self-esteem, self-discipline, physical fitness and our fundamental values of tolerance, justice and integrity.
Within the curriculum, pupils can develop not only in school, but also creatively and athletically; they also benefit from a varied selection of extracurricular activities. Furthermore, there are many events on the programme which enrich the experience of our pupils. Regular excursions complement the school’s everyday life and combine what they have learned with their own experiences. Class trips and expeditions into nature strengthen friendships and offer challenges to test one’s own limits.
Education is the holistic development of the child – this includes the development of personality, own strengths, manners, abilities and self-confidence, not only the mere imparting of knowledge. Our approach is always positive. We emphasize skills and talent rather than focusing on boundaries. Learning results from exploration and experimentation. Through our innovative teaching methods, we promote independence and endurance. Every child deserves individual, personal encouragement in his or her spiritual and academic development. Therefore it is our highest priority that every child feels safe and comfortable and is therefore happy and efficient. Intercultural understanding, mutual respect and understanding are the basic prerequisites for successful learning. Combined with fluency in English, this is the best possible preparation for the future in a globally networked world.
- School-leaving certificate: International Baccalaureate Diploma
- 60 boarding school places in total
- 750 pupils in total
- Class size: approx. 8 -12
- 60% German pupils; 40% international pupils from 60 different nations
- Percentage of girls and boys 40/60 – Boarding school
- Percentage of girls and boys 50/50 – School
- At 33 points, the IB grade point average is above the international average of 30 points.
- The pass rate is 97% and thus above the international average of 85%.
- Language of instruction: English
- Proprietary security app to keep an eye on the pupils (checking in and out, excursions etc.). Parents are involved and can make decisions via the app.
- Parent structure: mainly entrepreneurial families
- The range of sports activities on the school and boarding school grounds is very wide: volleyball, football, basketball, cricket, running – own sports fields.
- The school offers a wide range of music and theatre activities
- Many excursions are offered on Sundays (Shopping, Fantasialand theme park)
- The school is located outside Cologne city-centre and is very safe due to a constantly manned reception.