Germany has a lot to offer immigrants:
- Excellent educational system with free schools and universities.
- High quality of life through clean air, untouched nature and safe food.
- Largest country in Europe
- Thriving economy with an average per capita GDP of 48,264 US $ in 2018.
- Unrestricted freedom to travel through Europe and most of the world.
- Stable parliamentary democracy and rule of law.
Apart from graduating from a German university, there are only two ways in which citizens of third countries can obtain a German permanent residence permit:
- work as a highly qualified expert for a German employer and receive an “EU Blue Card” (§ 19a Residence Act).
- become an entrepreneur in Germany (§ 21 Residence Act). Only very few, however, succeed in the latter.
It is difficult to obtain permission to set up a business and establish oneself as an entrepreneur in Germany. The local authorities must approve the business plan in advance.
A convincing business plan requires, among other things, that applicants already have an advanced knowledge of German.
In addition, all decisions are made at the local level and the results vary from place to place. Wealthy cities are much more selective than less developed regions.
Our approach: Avoid the difficult start-up phase by buying an existing small or medium-sized company!
Range of services
Our services in this area include the following activities, which we perform, where required, in cooperation with our network of experienced, knowledgeable corporate brokers, attorneys, notaries, auditors, tax advisors and insurance brokers:
- Identification of a suitable takeover target.
- Due diligence of the target company.
- Negotiations with the local authorities.
- Preparation of a business plan.
- Completion of the transaction on your behalf.
- Support in applying for a temporary residence permit.
- Take out health insurance for you and your family.
- Finding accommodation for you and your family.
- Help in choosing the right schools for your children.
- Introduction to our business network, with access to valuable contacts and business opportunities in Germany and Europe.
- Introduction to our professional network.
In view of the complexity of the subject, only a few general considerations can be outlined in this web information service. If you would like to find out how we can support you in realising your individual wish to set up your own business in Germany, please contact:
Peter N. Backé, MA (Oxon.), MPhil, DPhil
Tel.: +49-176-577 889 82