F+U Boarding School Heidelberg
Belong, Engage, Grow
Centrally located campus in Heidelberg with an international atmosphere. Pupils with insufficient knowledge of German receive intensive German lessons at the F+U Academy of Languages in preparation for school attendance. The intensive all-round support is geared to the special needs of boarding school students: Joint organisation of everyday life in a family community, homework assistance, individual supervision & learning support, joint meals.
The IB® Diploma Programme is internationally oriented. You learn to think globally and across borders. The IB® curriculum, which is taught exclusively in English and at a high academic level, covers subjects such as mathematics, psychology, biology, geography, English language and literature or German as a foreign language. It also includes essay writing lessons, project work and improving learning skills. The programme is rounded off by comprehensive study and career counselling that optimally prepares students for their future studies. Our goal is to create a family community in which the pupils can live and learn well together.
With around 160,000 inhabitants, Heidelberg is a medium-sized, steadily growing city with a young age structure. In addition to a picturesque old town and the world-famous, romantic castle, Heidelberg has the Ruprecht-Karls-University, the oldest and highest ranking university in Germany. Numerous research centres and well-known companies are located in and around Heidelberg and offer excellent job opportunities. International students, employees and tourists from all over the world contribute to an open, cordial and inviting atmosphere.
- Abschluss: Allgemeine Hochschulreife
- School-leaving certificate: International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Boarding school places: 26 – 30
- 1,000 pupils in total
- 18 IB pupils, 30 pupils planned for next year
- Pupils from many different nations
- Percentage of girls and boys 50/50 – School
- Proportion of girls and boys 50/50 – Boarding school
- IB Diploma results better than the international average, also a higher pass rate
- Language of instruction: English
- Parent structure: Many entrepreneur families
- The pupils are accommodated in spacious and bright double rooms.
- Study and common rooms, library, kiosk, fitness studio
- Offers the subject of instruction “Cinema Studies”
- Intensive business partnerships
- The IB® DP consists of 3 core components which enable the best possible preparation for studies and lifelong learning:
- Extended essay
- Theory of knowledge
- Creativity – Activity – Service