Evangelisches Schulzentrum Michelbach
A strong I for a strong We
Here at ESZM we live innovation and tradition. Here, at a place of learning, of faith and of living together, we go into the future assuredly and with self-confidence. Our school centre opens up a wide range of development spaces. In small classes, the Realschule, Aufbaugymnasium and Gymnasium offer individual support and a learning offer tailored to the respective learning level – all under one roof. The profile subjects (music, deaconry and natural technology religion) invite you to set your own priorities and discover your personal strengths. The boarding school also offers an ideal space for the development of one’s own personality in the community. All students develop their talents and education within a social framework. Therefore the school has the task to challenge the pupils in a social context. They develop their personality only in a fruitful dialogue with each other and with their responsible teachers.
The aim of our school is not only to enable our students to obtain good degrees, but also to impart the necessary factual knowledge as well as connections, values and attitudes that enable our students to actively participate in shaping our world today. In order to achieve this great goal, it is necessary that teachers, employees, students and parents give their best in their own areas of responsibility. Lively and interesting lessons, the creation of smooth processes in everyday school life, a feel-good atmosphere in the boarding school, coping with and mastering the contents of lessons and mutual support in educational matters are just some of the aspects here.
- School-leaving certificate: Abitur
- 120 boarding school places; in the middle and upper levels, pupils can choose between single and double rooms
- 540 pupils in total
- Class size 25-27 pupils, of which 1/3 are international pupils
- International Student Body: China, Mexico and Russia
- G9 classes (grades 10-13)
- Percentage of girls and boys 50/50 – School
- Percentage of girls and boys 50/50 – Boarding School
- Abitur grade point average 2.4
- German as a Second Language (DaZ) private tuition (from level B1)
- Own music school; musical instruments at free disposal
- Protestant religious education
- Tuition time Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Fridays 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wide range of workshops, mentoring concept
- Individual tuition in the afternoon/evening to support less gifted students
- Unicorns Academy: School Academy for American Football with the Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns
- Approximately 85% of graduates are aiming for a university degree
- The boarding school is closed during the Easter holidays, summer holidays and Christmas holidays.
- Rural and safe environment; approx. 3,400 inhabitants, near Stuttgart
- Michelbach an der Bilz is a small town with a lot of leisure activities.
- Tolerance and responsibility for oneself and others are the basis of our coexistence.